Sunday, October 19, 2008

What a relief!

I had been asked to talk a couple of weeks ago and I was able to get out of it because of Mormor's funeral in SLC. Well, it caught up to me and I ended up speaking today on Helaman 3:35...Purify your heart. It went well and there were quite a few members of the congregation that thanked me for what I had to say. I really loved a story about Joseph F. Smith. He was 15 and on a mission in Hawaii. He had a dream that he was in a big hurry to get somewhere. He had a small bundle in his hand and didn't really know what it was. He came to an opening with a door and knew he had reached his destination. He noticed a small sign to the side that said, "bath". He stopped and cleaned himself then opened the small bundle which held clean, bright, white garments which he put on. He went up to the door and the Prophet Joseph Smith was there to answer his knock. The prophet reprimanded him about being late and Joseph F. Smith answered him, "but I am clean....I am clean."

I pray that we can all become clean and accept the atonement of Jesus Christ.

No comments: