Saturday, December 13, 2008

Never turn your back!

You would think that I would have already learned that I should never turn my
back to curious 2 & 3 year olds. I had the things together for the gifts we are sending to the Johanson families and went to lay down with JJ at nap time. I fell asleep and he went to paint. This is a picture of how he finished his heart.
I then decided that our family home evening board would have to be red instead of blue to showcase JJ's masterpiece and be a reminder that I should never fall asleep before JJ.

Later, as I was fixing dinner, Josie did her painting. She did just as great a job as her brother. Does this mean that it is time to get some washable paints for them to play with? This is a picture of her "I'm sorry, mom" face when she decided that she was in a lot of trouble.
On another subject...JJ untied and pulled out one of his stitches on Wednesday. He was in the process of getting the other one out when we got to the doctor's office. Doc put on some glue and tape that is a type of butterfly band aid. JJ has already removed 2 of the 3 strips and opened the would a bit again. The beautiful small scar that the ER Doc managed to fix up is not going to be the final verdict. It will be interesting to see what kind of healing this eyebrow really gets when all is said and done!

1 comment:

Cari said...

Pretty soon you will be good enought to remove the stitches, I can steri strip it now, and remove the stitches, thanks to my boys and the many trips to the ER for stitches.